Monday, May 4, 2015

The Searchlight Experience

Well, that was that. I was knocked out in the Regional Finals but I am extremely happy with the response I received and the result I finished with. TOP TEN IN MANITOBA!! Everyone who voted were patient/dedicated and the support was truly heartfelt and unbelievable. So thanks first and foremost to YOU, the voting people, the best I could've asked for. Secondly, thanks to CBC for the opportunity and the platform to jump-start my presence as an artist. Thirdly, thanks to the amazing artists and friendly people I met along the way who voted for me; ranging from Vancouver to St. John's to Cambridge Bay up in Nunavut!

I'll throw it back to a Life Lesson for what I learned in this experience:

Be honest and do not be afraid to be vulnerable in doing what you love,
for people will respect that and support you for it.

"Step Into the Light" is essentially a prayer, one of seeking purpose and belonging. 

Hopefully a part of my purpose is to keep making music. Stay tuned as I stow away and stir up a few musical ventures in the works.

CHEERS.
MUCH LOVE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Vimeo Favourites

Jump on the Bandwagon