Friday, December 11, 2015

O Come O Come Emmanuel

I guess I took a Summer AND Fall vacation from blogging... SURPRISE… I’m BACK this Christmas season bearing musical gifts. By the way, I will get to my annual top albums of the year soon, but first I'd like to share my latest cover that has been stored away for sometime. Last Christmas I performed one of my favourite hymns for this beloved season with two friends at our church's Christmas Eve service: "O Come O Come Emmanuel." I recorded it last Christmas on my own and came back to it only now to apply the finishing touches for your beautiful ears.

I've been working digitally on my own projects because it is all I have available to me for what I want to do at the moment. However, there's always something magical about a live music tone and feeling. That's why I tracked everything live for this Christmas classic (to the best of my abilities). The only pseudo-exception was the piano, since my upright is sadly insoluble tuning-wise—she literally defies any professional tuning attempts, to my dismay. Consequently, I miked my amp on the keyboard recording resulting in a crackling sibilance that felt rough and imperfect for a desired outcome.

Anyway, listen for yourselves and I hope you enjoy!
(Thanks to my sis Jess for the festive cover art!)

May you all have a very Merry Christmas this year!
Peace & Love,
-MG



*p.s. Download it for FREE if you feel so inclined to add it to your holiday playlist!
I wouldn't mind that ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Vimeo Favourites

Jump on the Bandwagon